Student ICT Acceptable Use Agreement
ICT and the related technologies such as the internet and email are an important part of learning in our school. We expect all pupils to be responsible for their behaviour when using ICT and the Internet. It is essential that pupils are aware of e-safety and know how to stay safe when using any ICT.
Students are expected to discuss this policy with their parent or carer and then to sign and follow the e-safety rules. Any concerns or explanation can be discussed with their form tutor or the Assistant Headteacher responsible for e-safety. Links to further information on e-safety are available on the school’s website.
As a school, we will:
- Supervise Year 7 to 11 students when using the internet;
- Make sure students are continually aware of this acceptable use agreement;
- Take all reasonable precautions to prevent access of unsuitable material;
- Monitor use of the internet and ICT facilities and use all appropriate sanctions for those who abuse them.
As a student I will:
- Only use the school’s ICT systems including the internet, email and digital video for school purposes;
- Only access the school network using my own user name and password and not reveal my password to anyone else;
- Use only my school email address and no other email account;
- Always ask permission before using the Internet;
- Be responsible for my behaviour when using the Internet. This includes resources I access and the language I use;
- Use Google Safe Search for all internet searches;
- Not play games during a lesson unless directed by my teacher;
- Make sure that all ICT communications with pupils, teachers or others are appropriate and not send to students, teachers or others material that could be considered offensive or illegal;
- Not use technology to harass others (cyberbullying);
- Not deliberately browse, download or upload material that could be considered offensive, inappropriate or illegal. If I accidentally come across any such material I will report it immediately to my teacher.
- Never publish pictures of friends in school uniform and never put names to pictures, either students or staff either inside or outside school;
- Never take pictures of staff or students without their permission. I will not video, photograph or record any school based activity without permission;
- Not deliberately upload or add any images, video, sounds or text that could upset or offend any member of the school community;
- Not upload anything that is illegal or which brings the school name into disrepute;
- Be aware that I will be held responsible for all material found in my user area;
- Not access chat rooms and I will not give out any personal information such as name, phone number or address. I will not arrange to meet someone unless this is part of a school project approved by my teacher;
- Be aware that all my use of the Internet and other related technologies can be monitored and logged and can be made available to my teachers and parents/carers;
- Understand that these rules are designed to keep me safe and that if they are not followed, school sanctions will be applied and my parents/ carers may be contacted.
As a parent/carer, I will:
- Take the time to make myself aware of e-safety issues;
- Inform the school of any issues relating to e-safety in school in the first instance;
- Support the school approach to online safety and not deliberately upload or add any images, video, sounds or text that could upset or offend any member of the school community.