FEARNHILL IMPROVEMENT PLAN SUMMARY 2016-2017
- To ensure continued growth and a sustainable future for Fearnhill School
- To ensure rigour and consistency within a system led school, promoting outstanding learning experiences and outcomes for all students
- To embed new roles, structures and leadership accountabilities to ensure excellent leadership and management at all levels at Fearnhill School
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, BEHAVIOUR AND WELFARE
- To continue to grow student aspirations through high expectations for all
- To embed excellent behaviour for learning across the school for all groups
TO BUILD A CULTURE OF HIGH ASPIRATIONS, EXPECTATIONS AND CHALLENGE
QUALITY OF TEACHING, LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT
- To continue to ensure all students can make at least expected progress as a result of consistently high quality teaching and learning
- To embed a professional learning culture based on principles of excellence, rigour and growth
- To develop teaching strategies matched to the new examination requirements, to ensure students have the learning and study skills they need to succeed.
OUTCOMES FOR CHILDREN AND LEARNERS
- Improve whole school performance measures through the use of robust assessment, appropriate data and well-informed, timely intervention
- Develop the curriculum by a smooth transition to the new examinations and broaden it through appropriate whole school approaches to literacy, numeracy, digital literacy and study skills.