Benefits of cashless catering
The aim of our cashless catering system is to make lunch time more efficient and exciting for the students and avoid the need for them to carry money. Our cashless catering system eliminates the need for students to carry a swipe card. It is quick and simple to use.
We require the written consent of those with parental responsibility before scanning the fingertip and if you wish a manual verification method is available.
Once enrolled, students simply place their enrolled finger on a fingertip scanner to pay for their food. No cash or swipe card is required. During the enrolment process the software captures a digital signature of your child’s finger, which is then broken down into data points, similar to reference points on a map. Please be assured this software is very secure, the information and the stored data points can never be viewed as anything other than a string of numbers and letters. This enrolment lasts throughout their education at Fearnhill School.
Here are some of the benefits of cashless catering
• It enables students to be served more efficiently and quickly
• It ensures complete confidentiality for students entitled to free school meals
• It is a unique verification. No one else can use the student’s fingertip
• It helps prevent bullying, by ensuring that students no longer need to carry cash to school
• It ensures that money provided by parents to pay for meals is used only for that purpose
• Students have control of their own accounts helping them to learn important life skills
• It provides parents with the knowledge that their child is eating at lunchtime
• Pay by Schoolgateway or cash using the wall mounted coin and note loader in school
[download_link link=”http://fearnhill.herts.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/letters/bioconsent.pdf” variation=”red”]To give your consent to use of the system[/download_link]